Friday, January 16, 2009

Waterfowl


Downloading images from today and wanted to put up a quick post of a male Canvasback. It was 10 degrees this morning with a stout wind. Thankfully there was plenty of action to keep me moving. Had 4 layers of fleece and hand warmers to ward off the cold. It was exilerating. The above shot was in MD waters. I'm in NJ this evening now and will be shooting at Barnegat Bay in the AM. They are calling for single digit temps and I feel like I'm in Ivar's country. Blue Skies.

9 comments:

Brad Myers said...

What a great capture, the pose is fantastic. I am glad to here you are having a good trip so far. It has been cold, I am working my two nights at the HFD and we have spent quite a bit of time out inthe elements.

Anonymous said...

It looks like the canvasback is trying to shake the cold from its feathertips.

Anonymous said...

I like this picture... the duck in action. I do not believe I have ever seen a duck like this.

The Birdlady said...

What a shot! I love it.

agus said...

Halo :-)
I'm here for the first time and I must say I love yor pictures! The birds are beautiful on your photos. I like your colours very much.
Greetings from Poland!
agus

Stacey Olson said...

Show off! (wink)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Ken: What a neat pose, you certainly had a neat trip tp FL.

Willard said...

You are getting a lot of fantastic shots.

1Green Thumb said...

Beautiful capture : )